Donkey Crew & Snail Games
about the game
Last Oasis is a Nomadic Survival MMO. Earth has stopped rotating, and the last human survivors need to outrun the scorching Sun in a massive Open World. Traverse the world on your walker: a wooden, wind-powered machine inspired by Theo Jansen's amazing strandbeests.
Last Oasis is a Nomadic Survival MMO. Earth has stopped rotating, and the last human survivors need to outrun the scorching Sun in a massive Open World.
After a cataclysmic event halted the Earth’s rotation, the planet was split into two extreme and deadly environments. Only a narrow band between the hot and cold halves of the planet has conditions that can support life, and humans must migrate with it in order to survive. To keep moving, the remnants of humanity have built nomadic machines, and a walking city called Flotilla.
- Traverse the world on your walker: a wooden, wind-powered machine inspired by Theo Jansen’s amazing strandbeests.
- Personalize your walker to fit your needs with a multitude of structures, attachments, and upgrades!
- Survive by exploiting what’s left of the world: claw your way from a ragged nomadic trader to the heights of a mercenary king, fleet commander, or a legendarily-rich merchant.
- The large, open world is made up of many interconnected oases that are over 100km2 each. Explore them to reveal new and unique biomes while plundering their limited resources.
- Dynamic, skill-based directional melee combat. Nomads can choose their weapon from a wide range of both one and two-handed swords, maces, axes, and quarterstaves.
- Master the vertical movement. Every Nomad owns a grappling hook; it’s a tool that can be adapted to almost any playstyle. (Credit: MMOrpg.com)
about the project
Adaptation - Abstraction joined the project to take care of the console version and introduce controller support to both the console and original version on Steam, while the game was still in early access, making the process quite different from a typical adaptation.
Regular changes took place which we had to integrate while safeguarding the platforms’ requirements, to be able to submit for Game Preview and eventually full game release.
We had a great opportunity, alongside taking care of the console version, to assist in finding & fixing original issues and collaborate on UI/UX to help Donkey Crew in their pursuit to keep making this title better every day!